Wednesday, March 25, 2020

HL Alyx VR





Us angel: Jacqueline Nastic


More tips from Flavio:

In this special period in time, my React, Node, Vue, Svelte and Next.js courses are currently at a 50% discount. If you find yourself at home and you're looking to invest your time to learn something new that can be beneficial to you in the future, like learning an in-demand skill is, I decided to make this special promo. Check them out.
In the past 2 days I've been having a lot of fun creating simple games in JavaScript using the Phaser library. I made a post on how to set up a Phaser project so I can use a modern workflow with Parcel and browser-sync, and see my changes immediately in a browser window.
I'll be adding a chapter on writing JavaScript games in my upcoming JavaScript Full-Stack Bootcamp, because that's a fun way to learn many of the core concepts of JS.
I'm adding lots of lessons to the bootcamp and I'm refining the syllabus every day. I spent more than 60 hours on it this week, and it's going to take me a few months to complete.
I wrote a module on AWS Lambda and serverless, and I discovered this new unit of measure I hadn't head before: GB-seconds. Turns out it's a way that AWS Lambda uses to figure out how many resources our serverless Node.js functions consume.
Some of the lessons of the bootcamp will be published as blog posts to give you an idea of what's inside. Check this introduction to REST APIs as an example.
I spent a 3 days just talking about Node modules. Here's a list of the Node.js core modules and what they do.
Managing a course with a lot of lessons means changing folder names and ordering a lot. I wrote a command-line script in Node.js to increment folder numbers automatically for me.
Ah, I have a cool story too. I've always been a contractor/freelancer all my working life, but in 2017, I was somewhat tired and got this idea of being hired full time at a company. I started learning Go, just to change things a bit, and I wrote my adventure doing so in this post: my plan for being hired as a Go developer.
That's it for this week. See you next Tuesday!
P.S. don't forget to follow me on Twitter
Flavio

No comments:

Post a Comment

Коментар: