Tuesday, May 5, 2020

Arch Linux - the easy way

https://github.com/Cooler2/ApusGameEngine



https://selenium-python.readthedocs.io/



https://anarchyinstaller.org/

++

and the hard way:

++


But first, an update on my upcoming JavaScript Full-Stack BootcampI published the pricing on the website.
The bootcamp will launch on Monday May 25
Registration will be open for 8 days, until Jun 1.
I made pricing as affordable as I can considering this is a very comprehensive, deep and practical program with a high level of involvement.
You can choose 2 tracks: beginner (2 months long), or the full bootcamp (4 months long). You'll be able to join just the advanced track (without the beginner levels) later on, this summer.
Some people asked me what's the effort required, and I ask 30 minutes - 1 hour of commitment every day, or if you prefer 2-3 hours on a weekend. Doing a little every day is a great way to move forward.
The course is based on text lessons and practical projects. Every week I'll unlock 2 levels. 
I am not stopping there, though. I previously said the course was not video based, but I changed my mind. I'll record video lessons where I'll guide through each module. Using videos I'll guide you and we'll basically go through the bootcamp together.
I really believe this is going to make your progress much easier, as you can watch a video, or listen to the lesson, if you prefer that over reading. Or you can read while you watch the video.
I've been working on this bootcamp for months, and I really believe this will live up the promise of deeply improving your JavaScript skillsBecome a developerGet ready for a developer role on the job market.
Here's the big news now: starting Thursday 7 May, I'll release 1 free module, with the lessons and the video for the module, every weekday until we'll reach May 25, the release day. In total we'll have 12 free modules.
In this way you'll be able to evaluate the course material and you can decide if it's for you.
Stay tuned and don't forget, if you haven't done so already, to sign up to the dedicated list on thejsbootcamp.com to receive those free modules.
I'm super excited to get this started.
This week I have 7 new blog posts, and a few YouTube videos, too.
Let's start with videos.
I made a parody video on "how to write unmaintainable code". I think it's the video with the most comments yet, so it must be a good one! 
Then I recorded a few new videos about blogging and creating a blog, as part of a new series:
I also started a new format called "Flavio tries..." where I try libraries I haven't seen before, and try to figure out what they do and do a little example app with them. Mistakes and misunderstandings are left in the video, as part of the "show".
The first video of this format is on SWR, the React data fetching library built by Vercel (ex ZEIT)  
Let me know if you like that!
And don't forget to subscribe to the YouTube channel.
Let's jump to the blog posts now.
I tried using Safari for a few days, before turning back to Chrome... I could not get my adblocker to work, but before deciding to switch back I was annoyed because Safari does not have an option to warn before quitting. cmd-W to close a tab and cmd-Q to close the app are too close, so I found a workaround.
I'm building a new project using Gatsby and I wrote 2 tutorials on two problems I had:
I can't believe I never talked about insertAdjacentHTML before. It's a very useful DOM API.
In Dark Mode, it's common to use CSS to change the colors, but what if you have an image inserted in the HTML? You can change the image source using this simple trick.
2 more tutorials:
That's it for this week. See you next Tuesday!
P.S. don't forget to follow me on Twitter to get daily tips and tricks!
Flavio

No comments:

Post a Comment

Коментар: